Cost: Donations only
Congratulations on your decision to bring a new dog into your family! As part of our commitment to helping people and dogs find that state of blissful happiness together, we offer assistance in choosing your new dog or puppy. There are a great number of considerations that you need to make as you embark upon this journey.
WHERE TO BEGIN WHEN CHOOSING A NEW DOG OR PUPPY
Here are some questions that you need to ask yourself as you get started:
- Will you be purchasing a puppy from a breeder or will you be adopting a dog from a shelter or a rescue group?
- If you have decided to purchase a puppy from a breeder, do you know how to determine which breed of dog is right for you?
- Do you know how to determine if a breeder is a responsible one?
- Are you prepared for the time commitment that puppies require?
- If your choice is to adopt a rescue dog, do you know how to tell if the dog has any behavioral issues?
- Have you considered your activity level and compared that to the activity level of the dog you are considering?
- Are you prepared to have this new family member for the next 8 to 15 years?
- Are you financially prepared to provide food, veterinary services, as well as various toys, supplies and training tools for your dog?
- What temperaments will compliment those of your current furry family members?
We offer selection services that include an evaluation of the activity level of the family, age and energy of children in the home, temperament evaluations of current pooches in the household, breed recommendations, temperament evaluations of potential new family members, and bite prevention education for children in order to help you make a knowledgeable decision.